How will I know if I’ve been hacked?: You need to keep on checking with your personal accounts details and the transactions accuracy, credit cards, and documents. Is there are any unexplained transactions? Or any change in your personal information under the credit card profile? If so, then the malware has been installed by the hackers they already done the damage.
What can I do about these hackers?
First of all, you need to arm yourself with update information and resources about the hacker recent phishing activities; keeping yourself updated with such information make you wiser about computer security threats and less forward to the threat tactics.
Protect yourself while on the Internet
- Keep on checking with the personal accounts information on a regular interval if found any discrepancies right away inform the required sources.
- Take security measures while entering chat rooms or posting personal information on the websites.
- Post very less personal information on social media.
- Carefully deal with the requests received by you online “friends” or links for grasping behavior
- Always keep the personal and financial information out of any online conversations
Security Tips to Prevent Hacking
- Use a 2-way firewall security system
- Update your windows or MAC operating system regularly
- Increase your browser security settings
- Avoid questionable Web sites
- Only visit the trusted website or download software. Carefully check the free software and file-sharing applications before downloading them.
Practice safe email.
- Don’t open any message from unknown senders/resource.
- Delete all those messages which you find suspected
- Always have the best security software products installed on your PC like webroot.com/safe.
- Use antivirus protection
- Get antispyware software protection
Guarding Against Online Threats
The computer without any security is like an open door for hackers. To make it more reliable, protect your computer from hackers by using a spam filter or a gateway to scan the inbound email or instant messages. Products like Webroot AntiVirus and Webroot Internet Security Complete detect the dangerous malware before it can enter your network or the PC, it stop every possible entrance of your computer and restrict spyware or viruses that try to enter. While free anti-spyware and antivirus downloads are available but they do not provide full security against such threats.
Webroot has all sort of products with it like a complete security package, cloud-based protection from viruses and identity theft for all your devices, where the installation time is very less and do not slow down your computer.
Garry, he has been making the people aware of the security threats from so long to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He does write for Webroot Antivirus Product at webroot.com/safe.